The original home of the BWMCA is now a public venue for theatre, concerts and public functions.
In 1887 the Queensland State Government allocated an area as a
reserve for a public hall. The small hall constructed of sawn timber with a shingle roof was built by the local settlers and served for 37 years. It was the only public meeting place on Buderim and was used for all gatherings – public meetings, concerts, dances, picture shows, church services and private functions.
A new hall, built in 1923, served the Community until 1989 and BWMCA has managed this important heritage facility since 1945. Among other functions, for more than 20 years during the 50’s and 60’s, this was the venue for the very popular Buderim Movie Theatre. A brick frontage was added to the Hall in 1966, providing more space for the Buderim Library and a room for the Country Women’s Association. The snooker room underneath the CWA room was also extended.
In 1989 the hall was extensively renovated and restored. The structure was realigned to Church Street, the wooden portion of the building was separated from the brick façade and a verandah was added two years later. This redevelopment won the architect Lindsay Clare an Architectural Award. Air conditioning was added in 2006 and landscaping of the gardens and a Mural added in 2015.
The Buderim War Memorial Hall, equipped with state of the art lighting and sound equipment, is available for a wide variety of public functions such as concerts, receptions, public meetings and community events. Members and Affiliates have the benefit of special pricing. Make your bookings as early as possible as the Hall is a very popular venue.
Bookings and Hiring Rates: For information regarding hiring rates and bookings phone John or Bernadatte McMahon on 5445 2515.