What is it and what does it do?
The Buderim Foundation was established by BWMCA as an independent Affiliate as a charitable community organisation working to make the Buderim Community a better place in which to live. It has three main tasks.
• It receives donations and bequests from generous citizens (money in);
• it invests the funds to generate income (money managed); and
• it provides grants for community projects (money out).
Buderim’s future generations will benefit. As adequate income is derived from invested funds, grants will be made to organisations and projects that strive to:
• Protect and preserve our natural environment
• Assist people in need to live healthy and fulfilling lives
• Add richness and diversity to local artistic and cultural endeavours
• Increase learning opportunities across all age groups
• Celebrate and showcase our heritage and local history
• Encourage and support those with sporting and other recreation interests
What is its status?
The Buderim Foundation is managed by a Board of Directors. The Buderim Foundation is a not-for-profit public company. It was registered under the Commonwealth Corporations Act 2001 on December 23, 2003, and was formally launched on April 6, 2004. Since then, it has been granted Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status by the Australian Tax Office, which means donations may be tax deductible.
If the Buderim community means something to you, and you would like to know more about how you can contribute to this permanent, independent and flexible source of community capacity building, either now or in the future, simply contact us for more information.
Mail: PO Box 1408 Buderim , 4556
Office Telephone: (07) 5456 1757
Your life, Your community, Your legacy……….Forever!